| Stem Cells | 2010-12-01|
Irradiation enhances the tumor tropism and therapeutic potential of tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-secreting human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells in glioma therapy.This study proved that when irradiation was added to brain tumor therapy, tumor tropism of hUCB-MSCs into which TRAIL gene inducing apoptosis was introduced was increased to enhance its therapeutic effect.
· Issue information | Stem Cells. 2010 Dec;28(12):2217-28.
· Co-author | Kim SM, Oh JH, Park SA, Ryu CH, Lim JY, Kim DS, Chang JW, Oh W, Jeun SS.
| Stem Cells | 2010-08-01|
Galectin-3 secreted by human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells reduces amyloid-beta42 neurotoxicity in vitro.This study shows that galectin-3(GAL-3), a protein secreted from hUCB-MSCs, protects neurons from toxicity of amyloid-β, a cause substance of Alzheimer type dementia.
· Issue information | FEBS Lett. 2010 Aug 20;584(16):3601-8.
· Co-author | Kim JY, Kim DH, Kim DS, Kim JH, Jeong SY, Jeon HB, Lee EH, Yang YS, Oh W, Chang JW.
| Stem Cells | 2010-06-01|
GD2 expression is closely associated with neuronal differentiation of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells.Although GD-2 is known as a key factor to identify MSCs, this study shows that it plays a role to control neuronal differentiation of hUCB-MSCs.
· Issue information | Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010 Jun;67(11):1845-58.
· Co-author | Jin HJ, Nam HY, Bae YK, Kim SY, Im R, Yang YS, Oh WI, Choi SJ, Kim SW.
| Stem Cells | 2010-05-13|
Microporation is a valuable transfection method for efficient gene delivery into human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells.This study reported that microporation technology can enhance efficiency of gene transfer therapy by introducing genes into MSCs efficiently, in using stem cell therapy.
· Issue information | BMC Biotechnology 2010 10: 38-50.
· Co-author | Lim JY, Park SH, Jeong CH, Oh JH, Kim SM, Ryu CH, Park SA, Ahn JG, Oh W, Jeun SS, Chang JW.
| Stem Cells | 2010-04-26|
Application of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cell in disease models.This study explains that hUCB-MSC is a cell applicable to various diseases including cartilage injury, brain tumor, brain injury, pulmonary disease, and immune therapy as stem cell therapy.
· Issue information | World J Stem Cells. Apr 26, 2010; 2(2): 34. 38.
· Co-author | Kim JY, Jeon HB, Yang YS, Oh W, Chang JW.
| Stem Cells | 2009-04-01|
Down-regulation of CD105 is associated with multi-lineage differentiation in human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells.This study identified that by controlling expression of CD105 known as a cell surface antigen, this antigen is associated with differentiation of hUCB-MSCs and suggested it as a cell marker that can measure differentiation state of hUCB-MSCs for the first time.
· Issue information | Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009 Apr 17;381(4):676-81.
· Co-author | Jin HJ, Park SK, Oh W, Yang YS, Kim SW, Choi SJ.
| Stem Cells | 2009-04-01|
Overexpression of CXC chemokine receptors is required for the superior glioma- tracking property of umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells.This study suggests that glioma cells secretes IL-8 and GRO-alpha and hUCB-MSCs expressing receptors to them, CXCR-1, 2, are effective in glioma therapy.
· Issue information | Stem Cells Dev. 2009 Apr;18(3):511-9.
· Co-author | Kim DS, Kim JH, Lee JK, Choi SJ, Kim JS, Jeun SS, Oh W, Yang YS, Chang JW.
| Stem Cells | 2008-12-01|
Gene therapy using TRAIL-secreting human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells against intracranial glioma.This study proves that hUCB-MSCs play a role as a useful delivery vehicle in gene transfer therapy against intracranial glioma.
· Issue information | Cancer Res. 2008 Dec 1;68(23):9614-23.
· Co-author | Kim SM, Lim JY, Park SI, Jeong CH, Oh JH, Jeong M, Oh W, Park SH, Sung YC, Jeun SS.
| Stem Cells | 2008-08-01|
Brain-derived neurotrophic factor stimulates the neural differentiation of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells and survival of differentiated cells through MAPK/ERK and PI3K/Akt-dependent signaling pathways.This study are results confirming signaling in neuronal differentiation of hUCB-MSCs by BDNF.
· Issue information | J Neurosci Res. 2008 Aug 1;86(10):2168-78.
· Co-author | Lim JY, Park SI, Oh JH, Kim SM, Jeong CH, Jun JA, Lee KS, Oh W, Lee JK, Jeun SS.
| Others | 2008-07-01|
Impact of myocardial infarct proteins and oscillating pressure on the differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells: effect of acute myocardial infarction on stem cell differentiation.This study proves experimentally that differentiation ability of hUCB-MSC to cardiomyocyte and its therapeutic effect in acute myocardial infarction model.
· Issue information | Stem Cells. 2008 Jul;26(7):1901-12.
· Co-author | Chang SA, Lee EJ, Kang HJ, Zhang SY, Kim JH, Li L, Youn SW, Lee CS, Kim KH, Won JY, Sohn JW, Park KW, Cho HJ, Yang SE, Oh WI, Yang YS, Ho WK, Park YB, Kim HS.