| CARTISTEM | 2020-01-14|
Implantation of allogenic umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells improves knee osteoarthritis outcomes: Two-year follow-upImplantation of CARTISTEM showed effective clinical outcome for treating knee osteoarthritis based on a follow-up lasting a minimum of 2 years.
· Issue information | Regen Ther. 2020 Jan 14;14:32-39. doi: 10.1016/j.reth.2019.10.003.
· Co-author | Jun-Seob Song, Ki-Taek Hong, Na-Min Kim, Jae-Yub Jung, Han-Soo Park, Sang Heon Lee, Yoon Joo Cho, Seok Jung Kim
| CARTISTEM | 2019-08-20|
Cartilage regeneration in osteoarthritic knees treated with distal femoral osteotomy and intralesional implantation of allogenic human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells: A report of two casesCARTISTEM implantation combined with DFO showed cartilage regeneration and improving clinical outcomes in two patients with valgus deformity who had lateral compartment osteoarthritis.
· Issue information | Knee. 2019 Dec;26(6):1445-1450. doi: 10.1016/j.knee.2019.07.017.
· Co-author | Jun-Seob Song, Ki-Taek Hong, Na-Min Kim, Jae-Yub Jung, Han-Soo Park, You Seung Chun, Seok Jung Kim
| CARTISTEM | 2019-04-01|
Allogenic umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells implantation for the treatment of juvenile osteochondritis dissecans of the kneeCARTISTEM implantation showed cartilage regeneration and improving clinical outcomes in two patients with juvenile osteochondritis dissecans of the knee at one year follow-up.
· Issue information | J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2019 Oct;10(Suppl 1):S20-S25. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2019.03.025.
· Co-author | Jun-Seob Song, Ki-Taek Hong, Na-Min Kim, Jae-Yub Jung, Han-Soo Park, Yoo-Chang Kim, Asode Ananthram Shetty, Seok Jung Kim
| CARTISTEM | 2017-02-02|
Restoration of a large osteochondral defect of the knee using a composite of umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells and hyaluronic acid hydrogel: a case report with a 5-year follow-upCARTISTEM implantation showed cartilage regeneration and improving clinical outcomes in one patient for large osteochondral defects of the knee at 5 years follow-up.
· Issue information | BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2017 Feb 2;18(1):59-68. doi: 10.1186/s12891-017-1422-7.
· Co-author | Yong-Beom Park, Chul-Won Ha, Choong-Hee Lee, Yong-Geun Park
| CARTISTEM | 2016-12-05|
In vitro Chondrogenic Hypertrophy Induction of Mesenchymal Stem CellsTo investigate underlying mechanisms of chondrogenic hypertrophy, the inevitable result of chondrogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells(MSCs), we need suitable in vitro model. This study presents a simple protocol for induction of hypertrophy during in vitro chondrogenesis of MSCs.
· Issue information | Bio-protocol. Vol 6, Issue 23, page e2057
· Co-author | Sang Young Jeong, Miyoung Lee, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, and Hong Bae Jeon
| CARTISTEM | 2015-08-25|
Autocrine Action of Thrombospondin-2 Determines the Chondrogenic Differentiation Potential and Suppresses Hypertrophic Maturation of Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells.This study indicates that the variable chondrogenic differentiation potential of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells(hUCB-MSCs) obtained from different donors is influenced by the thrombospondin-2(TSP-2) level. Additionally, TSP-2 could attenuate hypertrophy during chondrogenic differentiation of hUCB-MSCs. Thus, TSP-2 can be used as a marker to select MSCs with superior chondrogenic differentiation potential for cartilage regeneration therapy.
· Issue information | Stem Cells. 2015 Nov;33(11):3291-303. doi: 10.1002/stem.2120. Epub 2015 Aug 25.
· Co-author | Sang Young Jeong, Jueun Ha, Miyoung Lee, Hye Jin Jin, Dong Hyun Kim, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Yoon Sun Yang, Jae-Sung Kim, Byung-Gyu Kim, Jeong Ho Chang, Dong-Hyung Cho, Hong Bae Jeon
| CARTISTEM | 2013-10-01|
Thrombospondin-2 secreted by human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells promotes chondrogenic differentiation.Although therapeutic effect of mesenchymal stem cells on cartilage disorders is well known, a lot of studies are being progressed on its mechanism. In this study, a specific protein (TSP-2) expressed by cord blood mesenchymal cells by joint fluid component was identified and the regeneration mechanism of injured cartilage was determined by secretion of this protein.
· Issue information | Stem Cells. 2013 Oct;31(10):2136-48.
· Co-author | Jeong SY, Kim DH, Ha J, Jin HJ, Kwon SJ, Chang JW, Choi SJ, Oh W, Yang YS, Kim G, Kim JS, Yoon JR, Cho DH, Jeon HB.
| CARTISTEM | 2004-08-16|
Osteogenic Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem/Progenitor Cells Developed in Cultures from Human Umbilical Cord Blood.This study identified that mesenchymal stem cells existed in human umbilical cord blood and had differentiation ability to osteoblasts.
· Issue information | The Journal of the Korean Orthopaedic Association(2003) Vol.6, Page : 89 ~ 98.
· Co-author | Sung-Eun Yang, Man-Kyoung Lee, Yoon Sun Yang, Chul-Won Ha
| CARTISTEM | 2004-01-01|
Chondrogenic Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells from Human Umbilical Cord Blood.This study identified that Cartilage forming MSCs existed in hUCB and suggested a method to improve chondrogenic differentiation efficiency of hUCB-MSCs by adding BMP-6 in the cartilage differentiation media.
· Issue information | The Journal of the Korean Orthopaedic Association(2004) Vol.39, Page : 607 ~ 613.
· Co-author | Mee Hyun Jung, Sung-Eun Yang, Hae Jin Jin, Man Kyoung Lee, Ho Sun Song, Jung Yoon Yang, Yoon Sun Yang, Chul-Won Ha