CARTISTEM | 2016-12-05
In vitro Chondrogenic Hypertrophy Induction of Mesenchymal Stem CellsTo investigate underlying mechanisms of chondrogenic hypertrophy, the inevitable result of chondrogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells(MSCs), we need suitable in vitro model. This study presents a simple protocol for induction of hypertrophy during in vitro chondrogenesis of MSCs.
· Issue information | Bio-protocol. Vol 6, Issue 23, page e2057
· Co-author | Sang Young Jeong, Miyoung Lee, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, and Hong Bae Jeon
CARTISTEM | 2015-08-25
Autocrine Action of Thrombospondin-2 Determines the Chondrogenic Differentiation Potential and Suppresses Hypertrophic Maturation of Human Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells.This study indicates that the variable chondrogenic differentiation potential of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells(hUCB-MSCs) obtained from different donors is influenced by the thrombospondin-2(TSP-2) level. Additionally, TSP-2 could attenuate hypertrophy during chondrogenic differentiation of hUCB-MSCs. Thus, TSP-2 can be used as a marker to select MSCs with superior chondrogenic differentiation potential for cartilage regeneration therapy.
· Issue information | Stem Cells. 2015 Nov;33(11):3291-303. doi: 10.1002/stem.2120. Epub 2015 Aug 25.
· Co-author | Sang Young Jeong, Jueun Ha, Miyoung Lee, Hye Jin Jin, Dong Hyun Kim, Soo Jin Choi, Wonil Oh, Yoon Sun Yang, Jae-Sung Kim, Byung-Gyu Kim, Jeong Ho Chang, Dong-Hyung Cho, Hong Bae Jeon
CARTISTEM | 2013-10-01
Thrombospondin-2 secreted by human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells promotes chondrogenic differentiation.Although therapeutic effect of mesenchymal stem cells on cartilage disorders is well known, a lot of studies are being progressed on its mechanism. In this study, a specific protein (TSP-2) expressed by cord blood mesenchymal cells by joint fluid component was identified and the regeneration mechanism of injured cartilage was determined by secretion of this protein.
· Issue information | Stem Cells. 2013 Oct;31(10):2136-48.
· Co-author | Jeong SY, Kim DH, Ha J, Jin HJ, Kwon SJ, Chang JW, Choi SJ, Oh W, Yang YS, Kim G, Kim JS, Yoon JR, Cho DH, Jeon HB.
CARTISTEM | 2004-08-16
Osteogenic Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem/Progenitor Cells Developed in Cultures from Human Umbilical Cord Blood.This study identified that mesenchymal stem cells existed in human umbilical cord blood and had differentiation ability to osteoblasts.
· Issue information | The Journal of the Korean Orthopaedic Association(2003) Vol.6, Page : 89 ~ 98.
· Co-author | Sung-Eun Yang, Man-Kyoung Lee, Yoon Sun Yang, Chul-Won Ha
CARTISTEM | 2004-01-01
Chondrogenic Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells from Human Umbilical Cord Blood.This study identified that Cartilage forming MSCs existed in hUCB and suggested a method to improve chondrogenic differentiation efficiency of hUCB-MSCs by adding BMP-6 in the cartilage differentiation media.
· Issue information | The Journal of the Korean Orthopaedic Association(2004) Vol.39, Page : 607 ~ 613.
· Co-author | Mee Hyun Jung, Sung-Eun Yang, Hae Jin Jin, Man Kyoung Lee, Ho Sun Song, Jung Yoon Yang, Yoon Sun Yang, Chul-Won Ha